Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Perfectly Imperfect

This post is for a little blog maintenance. Talk amongst yourselves.

🎀 💅 👑 💋 🎀

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

Beauty is wasted on the young.

Beauty is only skin deep.

Beauty fades.

We spend an astounding amount of money on cosmetics, skin care, hair care and beauty goods. It's staggering to think how much over a lifetime is spent in an effort to look our best. At this point in my life, I'm happy with products that help me enhance what I have rather than turn me into something I'm not and never will be again. And that's okay. We should all embrace that we are perfectly imperfect, regardless of age, size, or other outdated standards of what the ideal woman should look like. 

The normalization of our differences is  heartening but there's still a long way to go. It's vital to keep sending other women positive messages that empower them to love and accept the body they live in. This doesn't mean throwing in the towel on a beauty regimen and giving up. Remaining optimistic, yet realistic, about what a product can achieve is key. Holding the beauty industry accountable, rewarding the ethical ones with our purchases, and being brave about trying new releases and techniques should be the mantra. Above all else, beauty products should make you feel good, be beneficial, within your own budget, and FUN. 

I'm always on the lookout for new beauty products to try out and review. They'll be linked below and I will always make it clear if I've received a free product. Either way, you'll get my honest review.

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see it." ~ Confucius

Image by redgreystock on Freepik

"It is amazing how complete the delusion that beauty is goodness." ~ Tolstoy

Beauty Related:

Clinique Smart Clinical Repair Review

e.l.f. Cosmetics Halo Glow Liquid Filter