Saturday, November 19, 2022

There Have Been Things Amiss

Which has pulled me away from blogging (profuse apologies) and necessitated bringing Meems to Kitty's home with an unknown end date. After a couple of days of strange-making with Fetch, they're back to behaving like playful siblings. Callie, however, IS. NOT. PLEASED. She's skittish by nature and my cat is a stone cold bully. The poor little thing is stuck in the bedroom, with periodic roaming time when we crate the interloper, but she's so nervous she doesn't enjoy it. 

It's all just a shitty situation we have to endure until that which is amiss goes amissing. Or, more likely, until we find a home that's within our budget for the three cats (and we three people) and they can all stake out their new territories on an even playing field. We've decided it just no longer makes economic sense to maintain separate apartments and are hoping for something with a yard to enjoy once winter passes. In-house laundry is a must because I'm sick to death of hauling laundry. 

The first good snowfall showed up on Friday, cancelling the schoolbus, and we're supposed to get a whopper today.  I've noticed a lot of Christmas lights and decorations up already so people are getting in the spirit. Later today Mancub and I are going to start decking the halls -- I want to squeeze as much holiday fun with him in because, for the first time in his memory, we won't be together. I'm flying out to spend Christmas with Belle and am so excited. It's been too long! I'm mostly looking forward to just spending time being with her. We'll be keeping it low-key doing fun free stuff and relaxing together. On the big day there's a planned not-together-but-together Zoom with Kitty and Mancub to open our gifts.

Update on my gift-giving goal: I can hardly believe it, as I only set the goal in August, but I did it. Everyone has a present that was either won in a contest, was purchased with a gift card that was won or using rewards programs; except for a few stocking stuffers the only thing left for me to do is wrap. Please don't hate me. I've had years of last minute panic, chaos, going over budget, and the disappointment of not being able to give gifts at all.  The gifts aren't exorbiant by any stretch, but well-thought out and picked with love. I have an Amazon list of dreamier gifts I would get for each of them should I win a big gift card between now and the holidays. Hope springs eternal!

I'm being loudly reminded it is Caturday and therefore I must make haste with the worship.